Let’s talk Brand Identity. What is it?
*”A brand’s visual identity is the overall look of its communications. Effective visual brand identity is achieved by the consistent use of particular visual elements to create distinction, such as specific fonts, colors, and graphic elements. At the core of every brand identity is a brand mark, or logo.”
When is the last time you gave your business a facelift? Is your logo outdated, are your colors reflecting your business the way they should? We know you’re busy, but it’s good to take a moment to review what you’re putting out there.
Here are some things you should consider if your brand is in need of some polishing up…
- Why do you think you need to rebrand?
- Has your customer profile changed?
- Are you stuck being viewed as something that you (or your customers) have outgrown?
- Does your brand tell the wrong (or outdated) story?
- What do you want to convey? To whom?
- Has there been a change with your competition that is impacting your growth potential?
- Is your brand out of step with the current needs and desires of your customers?
- If you were starting your business today, would this be the brand identity you would want?
Your brand identity should tell a cohesive story from your logo, to your website, to your marketing materials, to your business cards. Take a look at your branding and see if it’s still telling the story you want it to tell.